"Diva!"
Valentine's Basket

I found this miniature plain, unvarnished basket in a box with other Christmas decorations.
I remember that I bought the basket for some Christmas project that I didn’t have time to do.
Now, I have time to chop-chop the basket for the Diva Valentine project challenge on Bookoto.

I used the following materials: Decoupage finish, Tissue gift paper, Acrylic paints (red & black), Paint foam brushes, Ivory fabric, Ribbon, Lace, Glue gun, Glue stick, Raffia palms ribbon, Wood word, Sewing machine, Plaid mini comb, Color Box pigment ink, Ranger archival sepia ink.

I painted the miniature neutral colored basket with red acrylic paint and let it dry overnight. The next day, I crumpled pieces of tissue paper and brushed decoupage finish in between the layers and glued the pieces of crumpled tissue and brushed decoupage on top to flatten the crumpled together.
Again, I let it dry overnight!

I cut a 12" x 9 1/2" ivory fabric, sewed the sides and left 2" slit on both sides, single stitched the folded 1/8" bottom edge and stitched fold 1/2" on the slit sides to allow for inserting string handle. Stitched the folded ribbon in the middle. Glued the sewn fabric on the upper tip of the basket then, using a heated glue gun with glue stick, glued the sewn ribbon around the upper lid of the basket.

Applied red acrylic paint on pattern paper. Spread it evenly and scraped using decorative mini comb to create a distinct look.
Let it dry overnight.

Made a heart-shaped on cardboard, applied glue around the edge and glued on the reverse side of the painted pattern paper, cut the heart-shaped and did the same on the other side and inked the white edges with red ink.
Dyed the white lace with archival sepia ink. Sheered the inked white lace using a sewing machine, then glued it on the back of the heart. Painted the wood word "XOXO" with black paint, let it dry for few hours then, glued it on the heart. Punched holes on the side of each letter "O" and tied the raffia palm into ribbons, then wrapped the raffia palms around the tip of the basket.
Woohhh... I'm a Diva!, I can use the Valentine's basket as ...

Flower Vase

Ribbons basket

Rubber-wood stamps basket

Hot bread basket, fruit basket, etc ...
2 comments:
This is beuatiful Ching! Love it! Very creative and practical!
Practical indeed! I love the rubber stamps basket most of all! :O) GREAT work! ~ Ali
Post a Comment