Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Time !

I am pleased to announce that I was chosen to be a Guest Designer Member for Creatively Yours for the month of February, 2009. I will be designing layouts/cards from sketches created by Noella and Ali to be posted on the Creatively Yours blog. This is my first time as a Guest Designer and I am excited and honored to be a part of the CY Designer Team.

Here is the layout I submitted for the Flippin’ February & March Madness Guest Designer Contest: Love

Journaling:
1951 to date...
Fifty eight years of never ending love.
Blessed with five children, eleven
grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

Quote:
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning of flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable - Bruce Lee

Materials Used:
Me and My Big Ideas specialty pattern papers, Wausau classics cardstock, Colorbok chipboard letters, Mod buttons, Making Memories brads and eyelets, Ranger archival ink, Paper Pizazz vellum, fabric laces.

Process:
I glued the lace on the lower part of the black cardstock border, hand-stitched the stem using white thread, attached the three hand-made inked flowers with brads and the five quilled inked petals, then, adhered the black cardstock border on the upper part of the page. I matted the two black and white photos with black cardstock and adhered both sides to the center page.I attached strips of black cardstock on the edges (wrong side) of the square vellum paper with computer-typed quote; attached eyelets on the four corners and decorated with lace. Then, I attached the square vellum tag on the center of the page between the two photos; matted the 2" x 11" printed paper with black cardstock and adhered on the lower part of the page; glued the two red button hearts and the title "Love" chipboard covered with black cardstock and finally, the torn-inked vellum computer-typed journaling.

4 comments:

Lee i. said...

wow ching, congratulations. tuloy tuloy na yan. can't wait to see what you come up with. :-)

Rowee said...

Congrats Ching! I'm also excited to work with you and see your creations!

Hugs
Rowee:)

Evelien said...

congratulations Ching, your layout is awesome!!!

Mei Ann Guerrero said...

Congratulations Ching! Galing naman...